Thursday, August 7, 2008

Opinion

Dear all, 

The bellow message is what I want to share with you all because I think it is very positive information to who works on democracy.
I have observed on behavior of government officers and NGOs staff who were recruited at the locally that -  they have got a lot of information and news which could influence them to understanding the democracy.
 

When I went to the field at the first time, I did not see anyone sit down to read newspapers or even turned on a radio to listen. After a project has contributed the ICT to this rural area for many years, they started to read a newspaper, and listening to a radio.

The more they read a newspaper or listen to a radio, the more they get hungry news/information. They are hungry to read the newspaper everyday, listen to the radio via internet everyday that what I can see.

To me, this is a very important part of the ideology for democracy.

The more they have information/news, the more power they have in mind and the better understanding of democracy they get.
Where the news/information is, the democracy there.


I think it is very important to share the information/news at the rural area in Cambodia especially where the media doesn’t reach in order to integrate the democracy.

This is just my opinion only.

No comments: